There are only a few ways HIV can be passed on from person to person. Find out what these are and what you can do to protect yourself and your partners.
- How do you get HIV?
- How can I protect myself and others from HIV?
- Sex and HIV
- Using condoms to prevent HIV
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Emergency HIV prevention (post-exposure prophylaxis)
- Voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC)
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT)
- Video: Sex without a condom
- HIV prevention stories