Why you can trust Be in the KNOW
Be in the KNOW has been created and is maintained by Avert, a leading global provider of information on HIV and sexual health for over 30 years.
Our aim is to provide accurate, relevant and evidence-based health information to help individuals make informed choices about their sexual health, and to enable educators and practitioners provide trusted information and advice to those in their communities.
How do we ensure the high quality of the content on Be in the KNOW?
- Be in the KNOW is accredited by the Patient Information Forum’s (PIF) ’PIF TICK’ quality mark. This means that the editorial and content development processes for Be in the KNOW have been reviewed by an independent body, ensuring the health information we produce for Be in the KNOW across this website and social media channels is of the highest quality, clear and accurate.
- All Be in the KNOW content is reviewed by subject matter experts. Our expert peer reviewers check to ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Be in the KNOW only uses the highest-quality data and evidence sources which are vetted by robust internal processes.
- Our sexual health information brand Be in the KNOW is verified and green rated by NewsGuard, an internet trust tool that provides detailed trust ratings for 6,000+ news websites that account for 95% of online engagement with news.
- Be in the KNOW is led by research. We conduct weekly reviews of all the new research and developments that happen in HIV and sexual health. This means that our information is always up-to-date.
- We regularly review and update Be in the KNOW content. We have rigorous internal systems to ensure that our content is regularly reviewed and updated with the latest evidence from HIV and sexual health.
- Avert has over 30 years’ experience in producing the highest quality information on HIV and sexual health, giving millions of people the knowledge, skills and confidence to take control of their sexual health. Our staff have decades of international experience across the HIV and sexual health sectors.
- Avert is a signatory of the Patient Information Forum’s Health and Digital Literacy Charter, which aspires to make it easier for people to navigate, understand, and use information and services to take care of their health. We have also endorsed the Principles for Digital Development, which are guidelines designed to help integrate best practices into digital programmes.
Find out more about Avert’s work, strategy and approach.