If you want to have sex but do not want to get pregnant or have a baby (or at least not yet), it is your right to use contraception (also called family planning or birth control). There are different types of contraception methods and some might suit you more than others. Contraception stops sperm from meeting an egg during sex, thereby preventing pregnancy.
- What’s the best contraception method for me?
- Video: Options for contraception
- External (male) condoms
- Internal (female) condoms
- How to talk about condoms with your partner
- The contraceptive pill
- The contraceptive injection
- The contraceptive implant
- The contraceptive IUD
- Emergency contraception (the morning after pill)
- Pulling out
- Periods and the menstrual cycle